Friday, October 5, 2012

I have Chanel taste with a Walmart Budget.

This is me. I am a fancy pants, I love everything that glitters and I would shop every single day if I could. 
The only problem is I would go bankrupt in 5 seconds. Mostly being that if I fell upon $1,0000,000 dollars tomorrow I already have it spent before you could even congratulate me.
Just because you like many others have suffered the blow of a less than desirable economic smackdown, I want to give you a few tips on easy ways to Fancy-up what you've already got.

This morning I went to dress and let out the "God my closet sucks" groan. I got bored with what I had and didn't know where to turn. I had a white blouse, leather leggings (my favorite find) and black boots. I was missing something. Then a bag fell out of my closet onto my head filled with all my scarves. Like some Tim Gunn magic ( and yes I feel that Tim Gunn sits on my shoulder and makes wardrobe magic happen.) I threw on a beautiful scarf and changed the white blouse to a black ralph lauren dress and my day was made. It's that easy. When in doubt Fancy it out. Take a dress, Pair it with leggings throw on some boots and a scarf and strut. Take things you have and mix them up, hit the shuffle button. In the meantime look at how fabulous leather leggings are. 

 Pro Tip: The scarf I'm wearing is made from a vintage dress. If you ever see one you like with a funky fabric that doesn't quite fit, cut it, finish it off and boom instant one-of-a-kind scarf.

In the words of my magic mentor Tim Gunn, "Make it work!"

1 comment: